I graduated from Syracuse University in 1988 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in political science, and from Vermont Law School in 1991 with a Juris Doctor Degree. I loved my job as a Public Defender, and tried my hand at many different areas of civil law. In the end, I found that I was fighting my natural talents by focusing on a career so seated in conflict and mired in stress.
After receiving a hot stone massage in 2002, I was inspired to attend massage school. I graduated from The Boulder College of Massage Therapy in 2003 with more than 1,200 hours of education. In school, I learned how to perform Shiatsu, Swedish massage, normalization of soft tissue techniques, integrative massage, sports massage, orthopedic massage, infant massage, Thai massage, and pre/post-natal massage. Additionally, I massaged people in retirement facilities, a hospital, and at the end of many athletic events – even helping to set a Guinness World Record!
I earned a license to practice massage in Maryland in October 2003 which entitles me to work in medical and spa settings. Attending continuing education classes often, I hold additional certifications in pre/postnatal massage, sports massage, and orthopedic style massage. I have training in hot stone massage and other spa treatments.
In Maryland, I started practicing massage therapy in Bethesda, Maryland at the Aveda and Jolie day spas. These work environments helped me hone me skills, introduced me to Aruvedic philosophies, and helped me learn the joy and relaxation that come with salt scrubs and mud treatments. Working in The Center for Mind Body Therapies now, my clients enjoy the flexibility of time a spa cannot provide, and I can use all the types of body work I know during each session depending upon what the client needs.
Everyone benefits when they receive skilled and nurturing touch. My goal is to provide this to my clients.
Massage and Your Body
There are many reasons why people decide to receive massage. People want to address physical pain, maintain their bodies for athletic pursuits, ease emotional suffering, or relax and nurture themselves. Whatever your motivation, some possible benefits are:
- Maintaining or regaining healthy posture and body balance
- Relieving muscular tension
- Improving blood and lymphatic circulation
- Speeding and easing recovery during athletic training and events
- Lowering blood pressure
- Removing waste products from the muscles and lymphatic system
- Facilitating healing from illness and injury
- Easing emotional distress
- Reducing stress
- Relieving pain
- Encouraging self-acceptance and love.
Massage moves the blood and lymphatic fluid in our bodies in addition to reducing physical and emotional stress. Given these facts, our bodies respond in many different ways physically and emotionally to being massaged. They can be appropriately and safely addressed through good communication between client and therapist.
Massage Therapy Fees
At this time, I accept cash, checks and credit cards in payment for my services.
- ½ hour: $75.00
- 1 hour: $95.00
- 1 ½ hour: $120.00
- Travel in Frederick County: $35.00
- Travel in Montgomery County: $55.00
Policies at The Center for Mind Body Therapies
I want to be respectful of all our clients’ needs here at The Center, and to provide a safe space for the talented staff to help you be as healthy as you can be. Please note the following policies I hope will make everyone’s experience here as positive as possible.
- You may park at the metered spaces in front of the building, along any other nearby street, or in any municipal garage while you are at The Center. Parking along Carroll Parkway is free.
- Please turn off your cell phone as you ready yourself to participate in your healing experience at The Center.
- I strongly encourage you to find a different place for your children who are not being treated to go while you are at The Center.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 301-418-2714
You can now schedule an appointment online with me at Mind Body Online. You must create an account to do so. Follow the link below to schedule now!