Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
Welcome to my practice! The environment at CMBT aims to calm, relax, and provide an atmosphere of mental quietness that allows for complete focus on you while in session. Life poses many internal and external competitors for your attention, detracting from self-awareness. In therapy, we aim to remove this “noise” in an effort to allow for optimal ways to work on developing your true inner voice, by way of resolving inner conflicts that affect how you interact with those around you as well as how you value your true self.
My approach to therapy utilizes a variety of different treatment modalities in order to provide an optimal pathway to wellness. The method used depends on the issues presented and the person’s affinity for a certain approach in navigating self-healing processes. I am fluent in American Sign Language and primarily work with Deaf*/deaf clients.
This journey toward healing may involve:
- conflict resolution
- insight-oriented analysis of the inner self and your way of interacting with the world around you
- how to manage day-to-day struggles with debilitating symptoms of depression, anxiety, or psychosis
- implementation of behavior management programs for reduction of stressful, life-impairing symptoms
- family systems approach
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Gallaudet University (1997)
- Pre-doctoral training at the University of Rochester’s Strong Memorial Hospital
- Over the years, based on prevalent need, my practice has transitioned from providing psychological and neuropsychological assessments part-time to rendering outpatient psychotherapy services full-time.
- I work with children (7 years and older), adolescents, and adults.
- I provide therapy for couples, families, and individuals.
My work includes, but is not limited to, providing treatment for people (and their families) dealing with:
- developmental disabilities
- anger management issues
Contact Heather L. Hunt, Ph.D., LLC
- MD Licensed Psychologist #03642
- E-Mail: Signingtherapy@gmail.com
- VP: 240-575-6210